Wednesday, November 7, 2007

The "Conversation Economy" according to Armano


I came across this article from Business Week and thoroughly enjoyed the sense making of it. I could relate to this piece because David's comments make sense of my own focus on 'village' and my belief that 'village' is what people seek and long for (and naturally gravitate towards).

His comments about Bud interface with repeated comments I have made this past 12 month about the hundreds of thousands of dollars corporations are pouring into the technical sides of sites without anything outlaid on understanding how people use sites, read them, respond to them and so on. I simply do not understand this imbalance.

I have written a book on social life online (or rather a slice of life online) and there is a wealth of literature that can readily inform corporations on the very matters I outline - yet............................

David's article can be found @ http://www.businessweek.com/innovate/content/apr2007/id20070409_372598.htm
Image of David copyright of that site.

No comments: